Switchwords – The Magic of using One-Word Affirmations
What are Switchwords?
They are one-word Affirmations to reach a certain state of Being in your life in order to attract the thing you desire. That’s it. No mumbo-jumbo here. It is as straightforward. It is based on the foundation like every other spiritual technique that in order to get something in life, you have to reach an “inner state of being” or, simply put a state of mind of already having it in your experience.
Yes the opening context here is your thoughts create your reality. Thought comes first. Then comes the feeling beneath the thought. Then comes the stuff that you were thinking/feeling about i.e the experience. So, whatever you are thinking about is expanding. That applies to your shoe laces to your hair to your car to the discounts in stores to…everything.
So Switchwords are one of the million ways to bring yourself into that state of being – in terms of thoughts AND feelings to have that thing you desire.
I request you to go through this simple, only 4 page list shared at this link below. Do be grateful to the author James T. Mangan for even thinking of this in the first place! 🙂 I certainly am!
Now this is where the easiest part comes in. Application.
There are a few Switchwords which I have been playing with since quite sometime now which I learnt from my teachers who introduced Switchwords(and LOT of other techniques) to me.
Here they are:
- CANCEL CANCEL – To cancel out negative thoughts/feelings. Negative thoughts won’t lead you to feel happy about yourself. Ever. Especially thoughts where we put ourselves or others down in any way. So the moment I become aware that this is not a happy-feeling thought, I “CANCEL CANCEL” it and, being a visual person mentally, put two, thick red crosses on that thought. It doesn’t matter how many times you have to do this.
My personal story about this is that the day I learnt CANCEL CANCEL at a workshop, I started applying it. To my astonishment, my every thought was negative. This itself was a very depressing because I thought, “How come every thought is negative?” – A VERY NEGATIVE AFFIRMATION TO MAKE! So CANCEL CANCEL on that as well. So on, I went about doing it for days. Almost a week later, the first thought that came into my mind was CANCEL CANCEL! And I suddenly became aware there was no thought to cancel anymore! Can you imagine how surprised and happy I was that day?!! 🙂 I had a BIG smile for many many weeks to come!
- REACH DIVINE – This short “magic mantra” has helped me find MIRACLES! Ok examples are: misplaced keys, recalling my software engineering fundamentals at a recent job interview from the deep recesses of my memory and amazingly, retrieving my funds back from the PF department(in India)!
- OFF DIVINE – To sleep! Yes this one has definitely helped my family members let go of stress and get a good night’s sleep, not to mention, wake up peaceful and more jolly.
- DIVINE ORDER NOW – To clear traffic or get out of jams(of any sort)! Yup, this one solves the jam in minutes or atleast makes the jam more peaceful. I remember writing poetry in one of the Monday morning jams as I was travelling from my native place, Pune to Mumbai for work in an autorickshaw.
- The Magic Template: This is a phrase my teacher had built and given to us at one of his workshops. It has a placeholder in it for words specific to your purpose that you can insert in between-
BRING TOGETHER WITH DIVINE LOVE <put-in-your-words-here> NOW DONE THANKS
For manifesting a fortune in your life by following your heart’s desires:
BRING TOGETHER WITH DIVINE LOVE FIND CHARM NOW DONE THANKS
To get publicity and handle success and prosperity:
BRING TOGETHER WITH DIVINE LOVE RIDICULOUS SUFFER NOW DONE THANKS
How to Apply
What to remember when you are using the Magic Template or just simply stringing together Switchwords of your choice is that
- Don’t crowd it all into the same phrase. For example, use one phrase for health, use another phrase for prosperity, another for self-esteem and so on. Break down into different areas of your life and apply them. That has worked very well for me.
- Make sure you are not using conflicting switchwords. For example, if you are looking to get publicity and so use RIDICULOUS and at the same time use the switchword CUT the end result may not be as effective as using RIDICULOUS and a word like HOLE might be.
- I generally feel comfortable to a maximum of 4 words for a specific purpose, excluding the words in the Magic template if you are using that, but you can use more if you like.
How I have applied personally and found benefit is…
My family and I have built 3 such phrases – one for good luck, one for health and one for prosperity. We sit down every day in a circle, cross-legged, hands-clasped, like monks and chant each of these phrases 108 times(roughly 15 minutes per phrase) while swaying our bodies back and forth. Before every phrase we discuss what we would be “holding” in our vision as we chant. In the 3 weeks that we have been doing this, we are witnessing MIRACLES!
Here is the link to the complete Switchword list. You can google on the pdf version of it and download it as well.
Have fun manifesting!
Love, Light and Grace!