A year back I started working on my financial abundance – a tall order for it brought out everything possible from my subconscious – issues related to food, sex, relationships all leading to money. Around that time I also realized that I had stopped praying, thinking that if I meditate, it is enough.
I meditate at night before sleeping since the past three years now, naturally progressing the meditation into sleep. Hence, the dreams I get are very clear and precisely connected to the situation I am processing at that time. But when I wake up, my mind is full of chatter – nonsense most of the times, which tends to make me very cranky and unhappy.
It was during last year while working on abundance that I realized how nice it would be if, just after waking up, I could read affirmations as soon as I opened my eyes instead of focusing on the mental chatter. Hence, I started compiling the affirmations that most touched me. Over the course of the next few months, as I attended the GCSS (Global Congress of Spiritual Scientists) at Bangalore, Pyramid Valley, and spoke to Masters such as Jasmuheen and Erik Berglund, I started compiling a list of prayer-affirmations from them. Jasmuheen prominently mentions praying as one of the steps in her 8-step spiritual lifestyle to live a happy life. After returning, I compiled these and say these prayers aloud as soon as I wake up, along with the affirmations in Louise L. Hay book, “Inner Wisdom – Meditations for the Heart and Soul”.
It has been just half a year since I have been practicing this small ‘technique’ and the benefits are obvious – finding myself centered, more focused and grounded during the day has become easier. It is also a blessing to have the mental chatter cease instantly as I put full focus on the prayers. Abundance has been on the rise in so many ways – from being able to rely on myself, to being focused on the job at hand, to following my intuition and putting it into action to actually seeing the resultant manifestation and most of all, practicing patience. A simple discipline to start the day could yield so many benefits is something that is not only surprising, but a blessing which I am now happy and elated to share with so many friends. Most of all, I am happy to get back to praying and say, “yes, prayers do work”.
On the request of several friends, I am sharing the prayers/affirmations/intentions I have in my bedside book with the intention of the highest good of all who wish to see the best in their lives –
- “Dear Spirit, I am wishing to be employed by you. Put me to work and show me what I can do. Give me the opportunity to live my light, to speak my truth, and to carry this light around the globe.” ~Plaedians (from the book, Bringers Of The Dawn)
- “I am in the perfect place where I serve the lighting Grace, I am flooded with money and all I require, fulfilling my every desire” ~Erik Berglund(especially for people seeking the right career path for themselves)
- “I am constantly aware of my Divine Connection with the Source and my heart is in a state of Abundance”
- “Dear UniVerse, Inspite of myself, my Karma, beliefs, blocks and limitations, demonstrate to me my highest Abundance so that I can be an effective human being on the path of service, with the highest vibrations of Love and Light” ~Jasmuheen
- “I am heart-centered, grounded, focused and completely connected to the Source
- “I choose to be kind with myself. I choose to be gentle with myself. I choose to be easy with myself”
- “May I carry only the highest frequencies of love and light today”
- “Dear God, reveal to me the power of being heart-centered” ~Jacqueline Marie Longstaff
- “All the holes/gaps in me are filled with the Divine White light of Christ” ~inspired by Sufi poetry
- “In the Infinity of this moment (this day), I am Perfect, Whole, Complete and Fulfilled.”
- When I show up, the music does start playing.
- “I intend to live from my enlightened consciousness today”
- “I intend to heal my relationship with the Earth through my work, career and artistic abilities today”
- “I intend to live completely from my vast Prosperity Consciousness today”
- “I am willing to surrender now to the Oneness of Krishna within”
- “My body dissolves itself in the Oneness within”